What is Acne Vulgaris?
Understanding Acne Vulgaris and its Causes:
Acne is a term which originates from the word arim which means skin eruption. Acne is a common skin problem which is faced by a majority of people. Statistics claim that around 85% of people face the problem of acne once in their lifetime. More than any physical effect acne has a depressing psychological effect on the human. There are different types of acne which occurs due to multiple skin factors, and Acne Vulgaris is one of known acne types. It is one of the most known acne types.
Experts suggest that Acne vulgaris stimulates due to the clogged hair follicles and sebaceous glands which produce excess oil. Acne vulgaris, alternatively known as common acne is the usual type of acne which occurs to a majority of people. These kinds of acne appear as lesions, red inflammatory lesions or mixture of both types. They can appear in the form of pimples, whiteheads, blackheads or simply a pin head.
Primarily, they appear on the surface of the skin, but they have the deep rooted cause beneath the skin which can cause low self- esteem and self- confidence. Acne vulgaris is not a newer concept, but it can be dated back to pre – historical era. Many researchers agree to the fact that acne was and will continue to annoy people till civilizations to come.
Causes of Acne Vulgaris:
Acne conventionally was marked as a sign of puberty, but presently the science characterizes them with the multiple causes related to skin or genes. One of the prime reasons of the eruption of acne vulgaris is the genetics and hormones. The major factors which in unison stands as the causes for the acne vulgaris are:
- Propionibacterium, a bacteria type which degrades the skin and causes acne.
- Excess of sebum production thereby clogging the pores, and
- Swelling of the clogged pore
The intensity of acne vulgaris can vary from an individual to individual ranging from mild, moderate to severe acne vulgaris. Though acne is not a cause of physical pain, though cystic acne vulgaris can be a little painful.
There are other minor reasons like the lack of proper care of skin, use of excess oil based products, over- use of cosmetics and use of allergic skin products.
Click Now for More Information About WHAT CAUSES HORMONAL ACNE IN ADULTS
Where is Acne Vulgaris Found?
Common Places Where Acne Vulgaris Erupts:
The Face is the prime target for any acne or pimples to develop but acne vulgaris is quite common to any body part. As the central cause of acne vulgaris is genetics, hormones, and clogged pores, the acne can erupt on any body part. Common places where the acne vulgaris erupts is the face and the upper trunk of the body. Face, neck, shoulders and back are the focused location of an eruption of other than a face.
Some research points out at the use of cosmetics also as the cause of the acne vulgaris, and this acne can is found on the face. Acne on other parts of bodies like the back, neck, and shoulders. Can be because of the clogged pores or the disturbing hormones. If they are not taken care at the right stage, they can leave scars for longer.
What is Acne Vulgaris Symptoms?
Symptoms of Acne Vulgaris:
Acne vulgaris is the prevalent type of skin disease which is faced by a majority of Americans. Quite commonly the outset of acne is
The acne vulgaris symptoms are largely dependent on the intensity of the acne. As there can be mild, moderate or severe kind of acne, symptoms can vary accordingly. Few of the common symptoms can be treated as the first sign of acne are:
- Blackheads, whiteheads or pin head which are the natal stage of acne, they can be followed by painful eruptions or blisters depending on the
- Some can face the skin irritation and itching as well.
- Breakout of pimples and zits across the face and other body parts.
- Excess oil on the skin.
- Sometimes, acne can leave the marks on the place of eruption as well.
Well, the Mild and moderate type of Vulgaris acne erupt as white and blackheads which are caused because of clogged pores and partially clogged pores respectively and in a short span they heal. However, chronic form of acne vulgaris can remain for a longer period followed by pain and blister formation.
Symptoms of Cystic Acne Vulgaris:
Cystic acne vulgaris is the chronic form of acne which can burst out as normal initially but later it can result in the cyst and nodule formation which can spread across the face and other body parts. If not, taken care of in the right way the cystic acne can be more vulnerable leading to the bleeding breakouts. They last for longer and leave scars if not looked after. Pustules from the cystic acne shall never ooze out as it can cause scarring and lead to the infection. Infectious acne becomes the tough task to deal with which calls for the immediate medical assistance.
What is Acne Vulgaris Treatment?
Ways to Treat Acne Vulgaris:
Acne vulgaris is not a disorder; it is merely a dermatology problem which is temporary in nature, but it has an emotional and psychological effect on human. There are ample of ways to treat acne vulgaris, but the treatment shall always be taken with caution.
Acne vulgaris shall be treated as per the severity of the eruption, as discussed efficacy of the treatment depends on the cure chosen. So, before opting for any treatment for acne vulgaris, it is necessary to identify the severity. Severe or chronic type of acne vulgaris always requires the apt treatment and not for the mild acne cure and vice- verse. Majorly treatment for acne vulgaris is categorized into three broad categories namely self – treatment, treating acne vulgaris naturally and medical aid. On one hand, where the treatment of mild or moderate acne can be done with the home based methods, severe or chronic acne vulgaris shall always be treated with precaution and with the help of a medical practitioner.
Self Treatment: A highly personal based treatment which includes personal hygiene and the prevention. Self – Treatment is simple a preliminary treatment which opts at the first outbreak, but if the problems persist than necessarily expert’s treatment shall be considered.
Home Remedies/Natural Way: It is natural and organic way to restore clearer skin without spending much on the medical advice and treatments. It includes ingredients like aloe vera, basil, and garlic paste.
Expert Medical Treatment: it involves the advanced medicinal aid to treat the cystic or chronic acne vulgaris. As any home remedy or self – treatment is not sufficed to prevent the spread of acne vulgaris; it needs expert’s supervision with the advanced medicines and ointments.
How to Treat Acne Vulgaris?
Treating Acne Vulgaris:
Acne vulgaris have a derogatory effect on human, and that is why it is necessary to treat the acne. Other than the causes above the main reason behind treating acne vulgaris is to prevent frequent outbreaks in future. Development of medical sciences has given an enormous boost to the medical support system, and same goes with acne vulgaris. Simple treatment to pro, acne vulgaris can be treated in all possible ways. However, before implementing any treatment, it is necessary to categorize the acne causing pathogen.
Contemporary Treatment Technique:
With the multiple causes of acne, it is very definite to know the cause of acne and accordingly treatment is given:
- To treat the acne caused by bacteria antibiotics are the boon. Dermatologists suggest the use of antibiotics as the first measure.
- As hormones are also one of the causes of acne vulgaris in women oral contraceptives are used as a way to cure the problem of acne.
- Similarly, the use of tretinoin is common to get away with the clogged pores and isotretinoin to remove the excess oil on the skin.
Major type of Medication Available:
1. Benzoyl peroxide is one of the common medications available for the severe acne vulgaris treatment.
2. The Salicylic acid used in the special face washes for acne prone skin in the form of different ointments is an effective way to cure chronic acne.
3. Birth control and contraceptives with a low level of estrogens can is used for the hormonal acne vulgaris.
4. Retinoid is also an effective medication to treat the chronic symptoms of acne vulgaris because of excessive oil.
Pregnant ladies shall practice precaution while opting for any medication as they can have ill- effects because of the intake of any antibiotics.
How long does Acne Vulgaris Last?
Duration of Acne Vulgaris:
Acne vulgaris appears as whiteheads, blackheads or pulsate on various parts of bodies including face, neck, shoulders, and back. Vulgaris acne is one of the common types of acne amongst the teenagers but due to various causes like hormones and genes, they show their sign at later ages as well. Almost, 85% of American’s faces the problem of Vulgaris acne once in their lifetime.
Types of Acne and how long they last:
The severity knows Vulgaris acne as mild, moderate and chronic. Depending on the intensity the acne lasts. The acne can last for a minimum of 3- 4 days to years or permanent.
1. Mild to moderate: They are the usually less lasting type of acne which in short span evades. However, there can be a recurrent attack of these types of acne. The span period of these types of acne is from minimum of 3 days to a week. They if not treated well can cause the worst form of acne.
2. Severe Acne: Alternatively severe acne is also known as cystic acne which leaves scars. They start as mild or moderate acne type and later take the shape of severe acne. They can take a month; a year or they can be permanent also.
That is why to prevent skin from any such acne deformity it is necessary to follow basic care regime with the medical expert’s advice.
How to Prevent Acne Vulgaris?
Preventing the Breakout of Acne Vulgaris:
“Prevention is always better than the cure”, and same goes with the acne vulgaris which is an awful skin problem if not prevented. Though, there is a heap of treatments available for acne vulgaris still it is necessary to avert the outbreak of Vulgaris acne. Though the hormones and other factors are the cause of acne, with the precaution, the chances of Vulgaris acne can be forbidden.
Here are few Preventive steps to restrict the dreadful outburst of acne vulgaris:
- Hygiene is one of the most necessary preventive steps to stop the acne vulgaris outbreak. It includes washing of face twice or thrice a day, as acne is common to other body parts as well keeping the sanitation of body is also necessary.
- Choosing cosmetics as per the skin type is another preventive measure which can prevent acne outbreak.
- Choosing cosmetics as per the skin type is another preventive measure which can prevent acne outbreak. As one of the prime causes of acne is the allergic reaction to cosmetics, it is right to step to use cosmetics with caution.
- Touching you face with hands increases the chances of contamination. Avoid your hands on face to prevent the spread of acne on the skin.
- Hair and acne on the face are relative, as hair problems can result into the acne on neck, back, shoulders and face. Keep your locks clean and prevent them from dandruff so that you do not have to face the problem of Vulgaris acne.
- Maintaining a check on the diet and liquid intake also plays an essential role in the prevention of acne.
How to Treat Acne Vulgaris Naturally?
Treating Acne Vulgaris in all Natural Way:
Acne vulgaris is a common acne type which evidently erupts during the puberty, but it can be visible at later stages as well. Advancement of medicinal science gives a larger pavement to opt for the medical treatments, but inflammatory acne vulgaris also finds its cure in the natural treatment. In fact, an all natural way to treat the acne vulgaris is a good option. Below are few incredible home remedies to treat acne vulgaris:
- Aloe Vera is a frequent ingredient in many cosmetic products. They have healing properties, and they can be the best cure to treat the mild acne vulgaris.
- Mint, which enhances the taste of mocktail drinks have a greater effect on acne prone skin as they have anti- bacterial qualities with natural coolant giving a soothing effect to the skin.
- Garlic juice which hails directly from kitchen basket serves as an acne repellant ingredient which lowers down the effect of the Vulgaris acne on the skin.
- Tomatoes and potatoes, daily use vegetables in our kitchen also serve as helpful components to treat the problem of acne.
- Tea tree oil is packed with the benefits for skin and with their great anti- bacterial qualities they act as a good home remedy to cure the problem of Vulgaris acne.
- Oatmeal is not just your favorite food but also an excellent tonic for your acne prone skin. Cooked oatmeal with squeezed lemon juice and honey cleanses the clogged pores and removes the excess oil from the skin.
- Azadirachta indicia and basil paste form as a good home treatment for acne skin.
Besides, the all natural remedies and the treatments it is always necessary to drink plenty of water to get rid of the body toxins. Healthy fluids like coconut water.
Best face wash for Acne Vulgaris?
Acne prone skin needs an entirely different skin care regime as the chemicals used in standard skin products can be harmful to the skin. There are varieties of face washes made especially for Vulgaris acne prone skin. The excess of oil due to acne and the sensitive skin can lead to the scars and spots because of acne, and that is why right cosmetics including face wash can be an essential factor.
Mild and moderate types of Vulgaris acne do not need an expert’s advice and treatments. Thus, such face washes can be of great help. “Benzoyl Peroxide and Salicylic acid” are the main components which every face washes for acne skin has. These face washes are sensitive to acne skin thereby cleaning the clogged pores and removing the excess oil leaving the traces of shining skin.
There is a huge list of products for Vulgaris prone skin including face washes, gels, cleansing lotions, and toners. which are the preventive measures as well as serves as the self- treatment for acne prone skin. They are cost effective methods to treat your acne skin and look presentable all through the day.