American Music Awards 2018 are going to live on Tuesday-October 9, 2018 which are created in 1973 by Dick Clark.
This is the world’s largest fan-voted award show, features performances from today’s hottest artists and presents fan-voted awards in the various music genres. The American Music Awards pays tribute to today’s most influential and iconic artists. The show is produced by Dick Clark productions and is seen in more than 200 countries around the world.
American Music Awards nominees are based on key fan interactions as reflected in Billboard Magazine including album and digital song sales, radio airplay, streaming, social activity and touring. These measurements are tracked by Billboard and its data partners, including Nielsen Music and Next Big Sound.
The “American Music Awards 2018” are produced by Dick Clark Productions. Allen Shapiro and Mike Mahan are executive producers. Larry Klein, Barry Adelman, and Mark Bracco are producers.
These awards are started on February 19, 1974.
- Pop/Rock: Pop rock is rock music with a greater emphasis on professional songwriting and recording craft, and less emphasis on attitude.
- Alternative Rock: Alternative rock is a style of rock music that emerged from the independent music. In this instance, the word “alternative” refers to the genre’s distinction from mainstream rock music.
- Country: Country music, also known as country and western, and hillbilly music, is a genre of popular music that originated in the southern United States. It takes its roots from genres such as folk music and blues.
- Rap/Hip-Hop: Hip hop music, also called hip-hop or rap music, is a music genre developed in the United States which consists of a stylized rhythmic music that commonly accompanies rapping, a rhythmic and rhyming speech that is chanted.
- Soul/R&B: Rhythm and blues (also known as R&B or RnB) is a popular music genre combining jazz, gospel, and blues influences, first performed by African American artists.
- Adult Contemporary: Adult contemporary music (AC) ranges from soft rock music to predominantly ballad-heavy music, with varying degrees of easy listening, pop, soul, rhythm and blues, quiet storm, and rock influence.
- Contemporary Inspirational: Contemporary Inspirational is a genre of modern popular music which is lyrically focused on matters concerned with the Inspiration.
- Latin: Latin music is a genre that is used by the music industry as a catch-all term for any music that comes from Spanish- and Portuguese-speaking areas of the world, namely Latin America, Spain, and Portugal, as well as music sung in either language.
- EDM and Soundtrack: Electronic dance music (also known as EDM) is a broad range of percussive electronic music genres made largely for nightclubs, raves, and festivals. EDM is generally produced for playback by disc jockeys (DJs) who create seamless selections of tracks, called a mix, by segueing from one recording to another.
- New Artist of the Year
- Collaboration of the Year
- Tour of the Year
- Video of the Year
- Favorite Song
- Artist of the Year
Categories from the very start:
- Favorite Male Artist – Pop/Rock
- Favorite Female Artist – Pop/Rock
- Favorite Duo or Group – Pop/Rock
- Favorite Album – Pop/Rock
- Favorite Song- Pop/Rock
- Favorite Male Artist – Soul/R&B
- Favorite Female Artist – Soul/R&B
- Favorite Album – Soul/R&B
- Favorite Song- Soul/R&B
- Favorite Male Artist – Country
- Favorite Female Artist – Country
- Favorite Duo or Group – Country
- Favorite Album – Country
- Favorite Song- Country
After that some categories were added:
- Favorite Artist – Alternative
- Favorite Artist – Latin
- Favorite Artist – Adult Contemporary
- Favorite Artist – Rap/Hip-Hop
- Artist of the year
- New artist of the year
- Top soundtrack
- Favorite Album- Rap/Hip-Hop
- Favorite Artist – Contemporary Inspirational
In the recent few years:
- Favorite Artist – Electronic Dance Music
- Favorite Song- Rap/Hip-Hop
- Collaboration of the year
- Video of the year
- Tour of the year